Background

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back to Blogging

I reverted many of my posts back to drafts- guess I had second thoughts about making them public. This is my second attempt to record my journey of professional growth.

March 20, 2014 was my last class for my ESL endorsement. I made it through! Last June when I started the endorsement program, March seemed way off into the future. It was a lot of work, but I'm glad that I decided to get the endorsement. I learned a lot! I made some great friends and renewed some old friendships. My cohort was an awesome group of educators and we learned so much from each other. I hope that I can truly implement the practices that I learned. I decided to continue my journey and get my masters and admin. This is a big decision for me.

This last weekend, I attended UCET. George Couros was one of the keynote speakers and was awesome. In one of his sessions about blogging, he suggested dividing a blog into the teaching standards. That's my plan. It will force me to document what I do. It will help me to identify my weaknesses and strengthen those areas. I think it will help me to become a better educator and an instructional leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment