Background

Sunday, April 6, 2014

UCET Reflections

The keynote speakers (Dean Shareski and George Couros) were very good speakers and entertaining. It made me think more about what happens in my classroom on a day to day basis. I think I need to constantly remind myself to help the kids experience the joy of learning. I need to mix it up a little more, be a little goofy more often, engage kids, and basically "teach like a pirate". (I love that book!) The pathway to success is not a straight line! The pathway to success is MESSY and that's okay. Make mistakes and learn from them.

I've really been interested in digital portfolios for awhile now, but I just haven't jumped in completely. I guess I had to learn more of the tools. I really want to start this for my kids. There is a real power in seeing progress and growth through video, pictures, and presentations. I think that it would also be a good thing to document my growth by making a digital portfolio. Hmmmm.....time.

No comments:

Post a Comment