Background

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Excuses! Excuses!

I have a long list of excuses for not blogging! Every weekend, I've read tweets and blogs and told myself that I needed to take the time to write a post. But, the weekends slipped by and the weeks started to add up quickly. At first it was only a couple of weeks behind--I could catch up, I thought. But, I never did. What a hypocrite! I talked to my kids about the value of blogging. I encouraged other teachers to blog. And the whole time, I didn't make time to keep up my own blog.  Maybe it's because I struggle with thinking that I have anything important to say. Maybe it's because I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to breathe. Being in school and teaching full time is hard! I'm exhausted at night! Other people have done it so I shouldn't whine. Maybe it's my inner struggle of "being out there and vulnerable". I'm such a private person by nature. Maybe there's some fear in me if I'm to be honest. I KNOW I need to blog and document my professional journey. I KNOW that through reflection that I'll grow. I KNOW this because I kept a journal for most of my life and know how going back and reading my thoughts and feelings helped me to grow as a person. And...because I know this....I will try again to keep a consistent blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment