Background

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reality (Augmented) Time

Augmented reality isn't new to me, but I've never been able to get things to work. Honestly, I haven't spent a lot of time trying to learn. But when Brad Gustafson shared a cute idea from one of his teachers, I was motivated to try to learn.

Before Spring Break, I had the kids create some old fashioned TV screens out of construction paper. They turned out darling! The UCET conference was that weekend. My plan was to go to the conference, learn more about AR (augmented reality) and then be ready to help the kids use the TV's for a trigger when we returned from being off-track. It was backwards planning- and not in a good way.

The AR class was great! I learned how to use Aurasma properly and feel ready to go! My original plan for making movies was so much more complicated and so I'm glad that I learned the proper way. I can't wait until we're back in school again!

One of my PLN members and friends, Katie Ann Wilson, is an expert on all things AR. You can find her great ideas, tips, resources, at Diary of a Techie Chick.








No comments:

Post a Comment