One thing that I loved was the 6x6 strategy for goals. Basically, it's complete six goals in six weeks. I thought what better way to track my progress and stay focused on my one word?
Here are my 6x6 goals. Due date February 12, 2016
- Write 6 blog posts.
- Read 5 professional books.
- Exercise at least 3-4 times a week.
- 5-minute Journal
- One Thank-You each day
- Organize physical space (home, yard, classroom) 15 min. week
1. Start with "I am grateful for __________" Name 3 things.
2. What would make today great? Name 3 things.
3. Write an affirmation.
4. At night- Write something amazing that happened. Name 3 things.
5. Answer: How could I have made today better?
Today as I was organizing things, I came across a leather journal that was given to me when I was the speaker for the Jordan Education Foundation. Perfect!
Along with my goals and journal, I'm adding in a strategy by Tony Robbins. I actually used to do this instinctively during a time in my life when I felt my very best.
- Wake up early and with energy. (Pop out of bed) This is easy! I'm an early bird!
- Exercise. (This used to be so easy! Now it's a challenge.)
- Say an affirmation. (I used to do this while exercising.) *
- Breathe (3 breaths in 3 breaths out) This is new to me in the way he explains it.
- Meditate- (For me this is more about prayer/scripture study/writing in my journal.
I'm off to a great start! Hope my PLN holds me accountable!