Background

Monday, May 25, 2015

Tiny Tidbits of Happiness from the Past Week

  • I received another $1500 grant for technology in my classroom! (I almost have enough for a class set of Chromebooks now.) I've had several dreams about how this will change my teaching--and they're really good dreams! The best part is being able to personalize and differentiate learning a little more easily.
  • My students scored very well on the SAGE science test. Their average last year was 58% and so far my class has 74% which is well above the school/district/state average. I have three more kids that need to finish and they should score well. I'm expecting the average to be closer to 80%.
  • For the district math benchmark, my class average was 84% and so I'm tickled pink!
  • I've been able to get school licenses (grants) for several programs. This will really help us to track the data/progress of students. 
  • One of my principal friends and I went out to dinner this week to celebrate our birthdays. It was a blast getting together! She is doing some amazing things at her school and it's only her first year.
  • Our 5th grade patriotic program was last Friday (May 22) and the kids did a wonderful job of singing! Many people in the audience had tears in their eyes. I was really proud of my class for reciting the Gettysburg Address.
  • We ALMOST have testing out of the way and that's the best feeling of all! It really takes up too much precious class time. Here we are at the end of the year and I have no time to do all the things that I'd normally do. But our fieldtrip to Biz Town is this Thursday and I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment